Vipassana Meditation Group
I lead a free weekly half-hour group practice session in Vipassana (Insight) meditation.
Tuesdays, 12:30 – 1:00 pm at Friends Center, 1515 Cherry St., Philadelphia. 2nd floor, Monthly Meeting Room.
No experience necessary. It’s nice to know if you’re coming, but drop-ins are very welcome.
Private Meditation Instruction
Mindful meditation is currently experiencing a surge of popularity, and there seem to be as many methods and ways of practicing as there are curious seekers. If you have been wanting to establish a meditation practice, or have trouble maintaining the discipline to keep your practice going, I can help you:
- find a dynamic, upright posture that doesn’t leave you in pain;
- explore various focusing methods to keep you in present moment awareness;
- learn how to apply the insight you gain during meditation to everyday living.
Benefits of Meditation*
Meditation helps us on many levels, from simple relaxation to freedom from suffering and full liberation of heart and mind. It allows us to:
- defuse stress and experience greater calm
- explore the mind-body relationship
- connect to our feelings
- expand our sense of who we are, beyond our fears and self-judgment
- find genuine happiness
- discover inner resources that can change our everyday lives
- awaken our capacity for insight and wisdom
- transform our worldview from one of isolation and confusion to one of connection, clarity and compassion
- broaden our perspective and deepen our courage, based on seeing things just as they are
Both short-term consultations and ongoing lesson series are possible. Call to discuss a plan that is designed for your personal needs.
*Excerpted from the Insight Meditation Society website.